Dr. Chelsea Mason was born and raised in Saginaw by a family of dentists. Her father is Dr. William Mason, a periodontist in Saginaw. Her stepfather, Dr. John G. Galsterer is a retired endodontist and stepbrother, Dr. John E. Galsterer, is an endodontist in Saginaw. Her sister, Dr. Suzanne Mason, is a periodontist in Traverse City.
While a student Albion College, she founded the Albion College Pre-Dental Club. Dr. Mason graduated Magna Cum Laude from Albion College with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology in 2008. While attending Albion College, she was a member of the Prentiss M. Brown Honors Institute, Omicron Delta Kappa Society and Phi Beta Kappa.
She graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry in May 2013. As a third-year dental student, she received the Detroit District Dental Society Award of Excellence in Patient Care. She also received the American Academy of Periodontology Dental Student Award upon graduation. Currently, Dr. Mason is a member of the Saginaw Valley District Dental Society, Michigan Dental Association, American Dental Association, and the Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Dr. Mason practiced with her uncle, Dr. Michael A. Davis, in Saginaw for over two years beginning in May 2013.
Dr. Mason is the recipient of several accolades, including:
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry 10 Under 10 Award
- Great Lakes Bay Magazine’s “Greatest of the Great” Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020: Best Dentist
- Women Leaders Award in 2015 from the Great Lakes Bay Business Magazine
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Fellow
- The Township View Reader’s Choice Award 2014: Best Dentist